These are Spil Games Integration requirements For HTML5 games.
We strive to make it as easy as possible working with Spil Games. To ensure we deliver high quality games however to our end users we have to set some requirements. Please read the document carefully to understand these requirements and ensure a smooth integration with Spil Games. Following requirements are our default requirements for contracts signed after Jul 2014. Please note though your contract can have less or different requirements.
- Final version does not contain debug information
- File size of the initial load for HTML5 games may not exceed 8 MB (minified)
- Game is provided to Spil Games without source minification and obfuscation
- HTML5 Games must work on iOS 6.0 and up and Android 3 and up
- Game is free of progression bugs. The Game should not freeze or crash during a session.
- Working loading bar with the load progress in a progress bar.
- The game may not have any hardcoded outgoing links implemented.
- The game may not have any hardcoded Spil Branding implemented.
The game must run on the following browsers:
- Latest version of Chrome
- Latest version of Firefox
- Latest version of IE
- Android (Native) browser
- 6 and higher
- 2.3.6 & 4 and higher
The game must run on the following devices:
- iPhone5 (all versions)
- iPhone6 (all versions)
- iPad Mini (1st generation)
- iPad Mini (2nd generation)
- iPad Mini (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPod touch 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (all versions)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (all versions)
- Nexus 7
- Game layout needs to be scalable and adjust itself to fit the users screen dimensions.
- When the game is launched in landscape mode, the game must not show any scaling issues.
- When the game is launched in portrait mode, the game must not show any scaling issues.
- If your game only supports portrait or landscape mode you don’t have to include a rotation screen. We take care of it.
- The game should have either:
- A single functional mute button for all sounds in game, or
- Two buttons that will allow separate muting of music and sound respectively.
- Game is playable without music and sound effects.
- Any audio and sounds for HTML5 games must work on mobile browsers, as well as on desktop.
- When the user has a game running in a browser tab, but is running another activity on the device/desktop, audio must be automatically switched off. It has to automatically turn on again when the user accesses the browser tab with the running game again.
Branding logo (required)
A branding logo must be at least implemented in:
- Menu of the game.
- End screen of the game (if applicable for the game)
Branding logo’s are intended not to be intrusive. The branding logo’s may not be hardcoded and must be implemented through our API as described in the documentation. Get Started: Logo
More games (required)
A More games button must be implemented in:
- Menu of the game.
Developer is responsible for designing the more games button and let it fit in the game. The action on the more games button must always be dynamically set by our API. Please refer to our documentation for more information. Get Started: More Games
Game breaks (required)
A game break can be for example an in-game advertisement. A game break must be implemented on a logical and natural break moment. For example between level changes. Please refer to the documentation to understand more about the implementation of game breaks. Get Started: Game Breaks
High-score (if applicable for the game)
High-Scores are the multiple scores that the players generates while interacting with your games. It’s very important that you send us only high-score stats. Get Started: High-Score
Cross promotion links (depending on your contract)
Cross promo links can be for example links to other sequences of your game, a native version in one of the app stores or a facebook link. All links must be approved and agreed upon by Spil Games. Once approved Cross promotions, it’s image and link, must be set through our API and may never be hardcoded. Please refer to the documentation to understand more about cross promotion links. Get Started: Cross Promo
Awards (if applicable for the game)
Our portals can give Awards to players after they completed certain tasks. For example reach level 5 or collect 20 items in game. Get Started: Award
Other API features (not required)
All other API features we are offering through our API are not required to be implemented. However feel free to enhance your game experience by using our features offered by the API.
Let’s get started with: Loading the API