Dummy payments â Sandbox payments
After setting up and configuringÂ SKU typesÂ andÂ price packages, it is a good idea to carry out some tests to make sure in-game payments are working as expected.
You can use theÂ sandbox payment featureÂ to enable in-game dummy payments to test payment functionality:
- In theÂ promotion tool, selectÂ Games & Sites |Â Games.
- If you have added more than one game to the payment administration tool, select from the result list the game you want to use to test payment functionality.
- TheÂ Games |Â EditÂ tab is displayed.
- In theÂ Games |Â EditÂ tab:
- EnableÂ Allow Sandbox Payments:
- In theÂ Sandbox Payments UserÂ field, enter a user name corresponding to the Spil Games portal user(s) you want to use to test payments.
- If you enter multiple user names, separate them with a semi-colon (“;“).
- Since you test in-game payments on Spil Games portals, the user names you enter here need to be actual user names registered in the Spil Games user database.
- In theÂ Sandbox Payments IPÂ field, enter the public IP address of the machine youÃ¢â¬â¢re using to carry out the test.
- If you enter multiple IP addresses to test payments on more than one computer, separate them with a semi-colon (“;“).
- BothÂ Sandbox Payments UserÂ andÂ Sandbox Payments IPÂ areÂ mandatoryÂ input fields.
- Log in to the Spil Games portal your game is published to using the same user name specified in theÂ Sandbox Payments UserÂ field above.
- Go to your game page.
- Trigger the payment selection screen, either from within the game or theÂ browser console.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the pop-up dialog window to make an in-game purchase with the user name and the machine corresponding to the IP address specified in theÂ Sandbox Payments UserÂ andÂ Sandbox Payments IPÂ fields above , respectively.
- Check the test payment result (for example: successful, partial or failed).