The Native team is managing the backend system for game environment: we enable internal stakeholders to manage the in-game economy, in-app purchases, game balancing features, live events and a lot more. With millions of users every day you can imagine the challenges we face to let all these features work instantly: every small change on the backend system has a huge impact!
If you enjoy thinking out of the box and seek adventures outside of your programming comfort zone – Spil Games is the right place for you. You will be allowed to innovate, make courageous technology choices and you will be surrounded by the team always willing to push further.
The duties of this role include:
- Responsible for the design, implementation & delivery of innovative features (ex. game payments, in-game item management etc.);
- Thinking in terms of the best possible solution rather than using the language/tools you know;
- Identifying bottlenecks in existing architecture/system and using (new) technologies to find solutions;
- Taking calculated risks by thinking out of the box; learn from wrong technology choices in order to continuously drive innovation;
- Using agile methodologies to deliver product releases;
- Producing mobile SDK modules for integration on Spil Games’ gaming platforms;
- Guarding architecture and adhering to agreed system design principles for growing gaming platforms;
- Flexible in technology choices – the ability to choose and use the right tool for the job, regardless of the programming language or tool you are taught (Polyglot Programmer);
- Python has no secrets for you – like really: none;
- Experience with mobile development (Android/iOS/Unity);
- Experienced in the implementation and design of maintainable performance-critical software;
- Hands on mindset and strong co-operative skills (communicate, listen, understand, convince, discuss, team building) are essential;
- You are very interested in microservices, devops, docker, cloud, automation;
- Knowledge of REST- or RPC-based web services is a plus;
- Good knowledge of SQL, relational and no-SQL databases;
- Strong analytical thinker, intellectually curious;
- Experience with high availability and scalable backend development;
- Available to support shifts on scheduled basis;
- You should have a valid European work permit to apply for this opportunity.
Why Join Spil Games?
Level up your career—be part of a leader in the online gaming industry, where playing games is all part of a day’s work. Spil Games also offers these great benefits:
- • A competitive salary and bonus system
- • Flexible hours (from 7 AM till 7 PM)
- • A pension and collective health insurance plan
- • Reimbursement for your daily commute
- • Extras, such as a fitness plan and great lunch provided by La Place
And, most importantly, training and development programs—because when you grow, we grow with you!
No Recruitment agencies. Really. Please note that Spil Games will not pay any fees for unrequested CVs. SPIL Games shall only process this personal data for recruitment purposes and in accordance with applicable data protection laws. SPIL Games shall not retain your data for longer than necessary for these purposes. By registering you hereby agree that SPIL Games may process your personal data for recruitment purposes.
Contact for this position
+31 (0) 652777758
+31 (0) 35 8200039
How to apply
Send your resume and anything else you feel might be relevant to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply using the application form below.