Who are we?
Everyone’s opinion is important and encouraged. So, every time we ship a product, you can see a little bit of every employee in it.
Eduardo Mojica, Game Producer
It’s really great that we work in an environment where sharing learnings is so much encouraged. I’ve really grown as a designer in my 3 years here.
Kayleigh Mizon, Lead Game Designer
For sure, there is a balance between ad revenue and user experience and I think we have learned a lot on the web that we can apply to mobile.
Richard Ramcharan, Technical Program Manager
What’s the best part of being a manager? For me, it’s having the opportunity to mentor people and see them grow. It’s extremely rewarding to help them towards their goals.
Kara Olthoff, Head of Portal Operations
Established in 2004
180 employees, 28 nationalities
Based in Hilversum, Holland's 'media city'
Company repositions as a game publisher in 2014
Growing revenue from in-app purchases and advertising
Uses proven free-to-play games model
Players in 200 countries
Games often ranked #1 in app stores
Games consistently rated 4.5* and better
Why this is an awesome role
You are responsible for all QA of mobile games published by Spil Games! You get to combine your love for playing games with your job and strive for great gaming experience at every QA test. Your passion for mobile, combined with the skills to identify game defects and help maintain our culture of teamwork.
If you’re passionate about product quality and raising the level of execution here at Spil Games, then this is the right job for you!
Please note this QA job is NOT an automation/technical testing job, as the focus is on Mobile and in app events, and this is what we are looking for in an ideal candidate (mobile application/games testing).
What will you do?
You will be testing the structure and correct functioning of Game Events, such as rewards, in game purchases etc.
This role requires strong technical background, experience testing apps and/or games and exceptional eye for details.
- Making sure that game events have been implemented and/or are functioning correctly (per specification);
- Tracking, coordinating, and performing events testing on games;
- In depth understanding of the game mechanics;
- Ownership of the QA “green light” for new games and builds;
- Guarding the quality of the integration of Spil SDK into games;
- Constantly closing the feedback loop on to be released games;
- Providing insights, analytics and advice on all Quality Assurance activities to internal and external stakeholders.
Who are you?
- Relevant background in QA of games or apps in the native platform environment (iOS, Android, Unity, HTML5 and Amazon games) is a hard requirement for this role;
- Comfortable with debugging processes and tools (ex. Charles, Owasp);
- Knowledge in bug-tracking and management software (f.e. Jira);
- Experienced in setting up test cases and test plans and managing bug databases;
- SQL understanding would be an advantage
- Working in an Agile environment has your preference
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- A good understanding of game design, user experience and usability
- If you are familiar with Adjust and/or Chartboost, it’s highly appreciated
- Knowledge of mobile trends on devices is appreciated
- Possibly able program in Java and having done App creation before.
Why should you join us?
Level up your career—be part of a rapidly growing leader in the online gaming industry, where playing games is all part of a day’s work. Spil Games also offers these great benefits:
- Working with amazing people on exciting projects
- A competitive salary and bonus system
- Flexible working hours
- Travel cost reimbursement for your daily commute
- Collective Pension plan
- Discounted collective health insurance plan
- Yearly budget for learning and development programs
- A superb relocation service for new employees coming from abroad
- Subsidized lunch at our La Place restaurant
- Discounts on gym membership
- Fun events
- Periodically, we supply cake or ice-cream (we know how to celebrate our successes)
Contact for this position
+31 (0) 652777758
+31 (0) 35 8200039
How to apply
Send your resume and anything else you feel might be relevant to this role to email@example.com, or apply using the application form below.