Dummy payments — Sandbox payments
After setting up and configuring SKU types and price packages, it is a good idea to carry out some tests to make sure in-game payments are working as expected.
You can use the sandbox payment feature to enable in-game dummy payments to test payment functionality:
- In the promotion tool, select Games & Sites | Games.
- If you have added more than one game to the payment administration tool, select from the result list the game you want to use to test payment functionality.
- The Games | Edit tab is displayed.
- In the Games | Edit tab:
- Enable Allow Sandbox Payments:
- In the Sandbox Payments User field, enter a user name corresponding to the Spil Games portal user(s) you want to use to test payments.
- If you enter multiple user names, separate them with a semi-colon (“;“).
- Since you test in-game payments on Spil Games portals, the user names you enter here need to be actual user names registered in the Spil Games user database.
- In the Sandbox Payments IP field, enter the public IP address of the machine youâ€™re using to carry out the test.
- If you enter multiple IP addresses to test payments on more than one computer, separate them with a semi-colon (“;“).
- Both Sandbox Payments User and Sandbox Payments IP are mandatory input fields.
- Log in to the Spil Games portal your game is published to using the same user name specified in the Sandbox Payments User field above.
- Go to your game page.
- Trigger the payment selection screen, either from within the game or the browser console.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the pop-up dialog window to make an in-game purchase with the user name and the machine corresponding to the IP address specified in the Sandbox Payments User and Sandbox Payments IP fields above , respectively.
- Check the test payment result (for example: successful, partial or failed).